PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE FOR PERAK COMMUNITY SPECIALIST HOSPITAL (“NOTICE”)
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Perak Community Specialist Hospital and/ or its healthcare professionals (“PCSH” or “Hospital”) use your Personal Data. PCSH and/ or its healthcare professionals respect the privacy of individuals with regards to Personal Data and are committed to protecting the privacy of our patients (“Patients”) in accordance with the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). This notice and consent is aim to describes how PCSH collects and handle your personal information.
DESCRIPTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Personal Data means personal information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, race, nationality, date of birth, passport number, address, telephone number, email address, credit card details, medical history and information, information in audio/ video format (including closed-circuit television (“CCTV”) or security recordings), images (including photographs), and biometric information which you have provided to PCSH in our registration or application forms and/ or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by PCSH from time to time.
- The provision of Personal Data is mandatory if you intend to seek healthcare services in PCSH. Hospital is unable to register your information and thus, unable to render the healthcare services to you if you do not provide your Personal Data.
- In addition to the Personal Data you may provide to PCSH directly, Hospital may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including but not limited to information you may furnish when you register with PCSH as patient or other related parties with PCSH, from PCSH agents or other third party referring agents, when you interact and communicate with our staff at exhibitions, events, roadshows or otherwise, by using the Website.
- As a healthcare facilities and provider, the Hospital also collect sensitive personal data which, as defined in the Act refer to data relating to your physical and mental health, medical condition, political opinions and religion.
- Take note that it is a standard procedure to collect personal data of third parties (e.g.: next of kin or guarantor) when you seek treatment at our Hospital. Prior to providing us with such personal data, please ensure that the third parties haveconsented regarding the collection and processing of their data by the Hospital. You shall indemnify PCSH in the event that Hospital suffer any loss or damage as a result of your failure to comply with this requirement.
- Your personal data may be processed by PCSH and/ or Hospital authorised agents for the following purposes:
- to provide diagnosis, treatment and care;
- to conduct investigation e.g.: laboratory tests, diagnostic imaging procedures interventional / surgical procedures;
- to provide, where required, allied health care services such as physiotherapy or dietetic therapy, counselling, and dispensing of medications;
- to communicate with you or your next of kin / significant others;
- to process your insurance claims;
- for administrative purposes;
- for the provision of welfare assistance, when sought;
- fulfilment of any regulatory / legal requirements / applicable laws e.g.: Notification of Death or Notification of Infectious Disease.
- to conduct any survey on the performance of the Hospital’s services
- PCSH may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as to send you updates and News on Hospital’s latest products, services and promotions including the latest PCSH projects and developments and to inform you about events exhibitions or roadshows which may be of interest to you, by way of social media, post, telephone calls, short message services (SMS) and / or by email.
- If you do not consent to PCSH to process your Personal Data for the purposes listed in Section 7, please notify PCSH using the contact details stated in Section 13 below.
- All PCSH employees directly involved in your treatment, investigation, procedures and care will have an access to your personal data, as and when necessary.
- In any situation and if required while exercising the purposes as specified above, the Hospital may disclose your Personal Data to the following parties: –
- independent contractors including the consultant specialists and pathology service providers;
- third party administrators;
- vendor providing remote maintenance services (diagnostic imaging, radiotherapy services and Hospital Information System);
- any organizations that assist in fulfilling the services requested by you
- any parties pursuant to any Law, Court order and any other regulatory authorities;
- any enforcement agencies.
- In order to provide healthcare services, PCSH knowingly collects Personal Data from incompetent Patients. Incompetent patients include patients who are medically certifies to be mentally incompetent or who is legally incompetent or he/she is a minor who has not attained the age of 18 years old. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to PCSH, you as legal guardian hereby consent to the processing of the Incompetent Patient’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his action
- You are responsible for informing us about changes to your Personal Data and for ensuring that such information is accurate and current. You may do so by contacting our Patient Liaison Department.
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and / or request correction of your Personal Data, lodge a complaint, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data in relation to Section 6 above and/ or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting: –
Patient Liaison Department
Perak Community Specialist Hospital
277, Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun,
30250 Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan,
Telephone : +605 241 9000
Facsimile : +605 255 4288
Email : email@example.com
- In respect of your right to access and/ or correct your Personal Data, PCSH has the right to refuse your requests to access and/ or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law.